Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Child's Dream Gone Flying

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" ...and I said, "I want to be a pilot... so that I can travel the world and visit many places!" - A 4-6year old me

It was always my childhood dream to become a pilot. I love airplanes. When I was asked what gifts I wanted whenever my Grandmother or other elderly relatives come home from abroad, I always say, "Remote-control". There was nothing more beautiful than having your own radio-controlled vehicle. But I ended up getting something else. I did however got one and it was a silvery smooth sports car. It only ran on smooth cement though. It was too sleek to run on rough roads. I couldn't get enough of the fun because the RC was too fast and it consumed batteries like hell. Funny how ironic that was, back in the day when I get to have all the things I want, the one thing I wanted most was the only thing that ever got in to my hands... once. It was always been my dream to own a radio-controlled airplane. When we were still living in a subdivision down south of the city, I always go to this big grassy field where I lay down watching radio-controlled airplanes fly. I tried to look for the man controlling the plane, but unfortunately, I never did. I could have approached him and excitingly asked him if I could man his airplane.



I love airplanes and I love to travel. Since I was a kid, we'd go places domestically. Visit the relatives there, visit the relatives here. But that's not what I'm excited about, the flights are. Flying up there is the best feeling for me. When I see the clouds, I always wonder what it's like to touch one.



Whenever I was asked what I am going to be when I grow up, I'd always say a pilot. I have high respects for pilots. When me and my Grandmother went to Hong Kong, during the flight, A flight attendant asked me if I was interested to go inside the cockpit, but I didn't do so because I was too shy. Maybe I was only interested with attendant. Just joking. The Flight Attendant gave me a souvenir bag instead. Till now, I have always regretted declining that offer. It was an offer that may or most probably would not happen again. I wish I was 6 again and said yes.




Now, I'm over the age of 20 and I write blogs. Boring? No. But thats okay. I may not have pursued my dream but I still get to fly with airplanes. I love the International flights best. They have more service to offer than the ones here in the Phil. Practically, pilot schooling is way to expensive. Totally expensive.

Back in the day, What did you want to be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanted to become a soldier and a priest.
-jaggy

Niko said...

but what happend jag? hahahahaha masahista ka na! atik lang. super joke lang un. u know i love you bra!